Pipeline Integrity Management
Aegion’s Corrosion Protection platform provides a variety of products and services to help comply with regulations and extend the useful life of infrastructure. At the foundation is pipeline integrity management. Pipeline integrity management maximizes the useful life of each individual pipeline asset by continuously combining strategically designed engineering analyses and
Not only is pipeline integrity management essential to comply with government regulations, but being proactive with pipeline maintenance can save headaches and money over time. Corrpro is part of Aegion’s Corrosion Protection platform and offers the engineering, consulting and inspection services for each step of the pipeline integrity management process.
Corrpro’s pipeline integrity management program provides a wide variety of benefits to your pipeline assets:
- Safety – A pipeline integrity management program helps identify threats to employees, the general public and the environment.
- Risk Management – Failures can be costly. A pipeline integrity management program helps to both manage risk effectively and prevent avoidable damage and lost revenue.
- Hazard Identification – Corrpro can help identify risks, conduct assessments, take preventative actions and implement mitigative measures for your pipeline assets.
- Optimize Operational and Capital Expenditures – Proper maintenance is good practice and helps keep your pipeline assets in optimal condition and prevents emergency repairs.
- Reputation Management – A pipeline integrity management program helps prevent catastrophe—keeping your reputation intact while increasing shareholder, senior management, regulator and public confidence.
- Data Management – Corrpro uses an ESRI-based geographic information system (GIS) for capturing, storing and analyzing information. This system is an inherent part of all of our pipeline
integrity activities including planning, project management and field data collection. All of the data we collect is stored in a central, geospatial repository allowing us to share GIS data and hosted maps with our clients. This system also supports the application of geospatial analyses to the pipeline integrity management process.
Identify High and Moderate Consequence Areas
Corrpro can help you identify high and moderate consequence areas (HCAs and MCAs) within your pipeline system. We use a variety of different data management services, evaluation methods and subject matter expertise to identify HCAs and MCAs:
- Data integration
- GIS services
- Land use planning
- Subject matter expertise (SME)
Threat Assessment Services
A threat assessment helps pipeline integrity management professionals identify the types of possible threats to the pipeline system. Corrpro offers data analysis, management and engineering assessments for identifying and ranking various threats to pipeline integrity.
- Pipeline surveys
- Close Interval Potential (CIS)
- Direct Current Voltage Gradient (DCVG)
- Alternating Current Voltage Gradient (ACVG)
- AC Current Attenuation (ACCA)
- Soil resistivity
- Exposed pipe
- Depth of cover
- Sub-meter GPS locating
- Fatigue analysis
- Data analysis and integration
Baseline Assessment and Reassessment
Corrpro offers engineering assessment, data analysis and management for baseline assessment and reassessment programs.
- Inline inspection data analysis
- Direct assessments
- External Corrosion Direct Assessment (ECDA)
- Internal Corrosion Direct Assessment (ICDA)
- Stress Corrosion Cracking Direct Assessment (SCCDA)
- Data integration and alignment
- GIS data collection and management
Our engineering services help pipeline operators select locations and methods for remediation of pipeline integrity threats. Our remediation methods include not only Corrpro’s cathodic protection systems, but also other various pipeline rehabilitation and protection methods offered by Aegion.
- Engineering recommendations
- Cathodic protection design, Engineering and Installation
- AC interference mitigation
- Coatings repair
- Thermoplastic lining
Mitigation and Prevention
To aid our customers with prevention and mitigation of pipeline integrity threats, Corrpro offers pipeline locating and marking as well as ongoing GIS services to ensure your pipeline location is known to all stakeholders adjacent to the right-of-way.
- Line locating and marking
- GIS mapping
Continual Evaluation and Assessment
As with any asset management program, Corrpro’s pipeline integrity management services can be used to assist pipeline operators with continuing evaluation of pipeline integrity management programs and reassessing pipeline integrity. Regular maintenance and routine surveys and evaluation are necessary to stay ahead of future issues.